The VH SS Commodore project is finished and ready for delivery to our customer. A few small parts (grille, bumpers and rear spoiler etc) still require painting however they will be completed as they are able to be fitted in around our daily work load. The car will mean time be delivered so the owner can refit the engine and interior etc while we are finishing the small parts.
The White and Black colour scheme looks crisp and fresh and we will post pictures once it is completely assembled.
At Brads we have an AutoRobot chassis alignment system which is a fast, jigging bed system supporting your vehicle entirely throughout the repair and alignment process. Coupled with the AutoRobot 3D satellite measuring system, your car is returned to its original condition and tolerance to within a millimetre of the factory specifications.
This Motor Industry Bodyshop Approved Inverter Spot Welder Station with 14000Amps Welding Power and a clamping force of 610 daN, meets all vehicle manufacturers requirements. The use of this welder means we can restore your vehicle back to its exact strength and factory-welded specifications.
The newest project in is a VH SS Commodore. This car came in late last year for a fresh coat of paint in the engine bay while the engine is out and being freshened up.
The owner again is an old friend and an extremely passionate Holden fan. Its now been decided that the VH will get completely stripped back to bare metal, some minor rust repaired and resprayed to factory spec colour, inside and out.
Pictures of the car will be added shortly and this one has a special interest for me, so most of the work will be attended to as I can schedule the time myself.
The Gran Torino was finished last week and is undergoing final panel fitment and aligning before being delivered back to the owners for final assembly.
The white stripe and black pinstripe border are all painted on and cleared over along with the final coats of red colour and it looks terrific.
Thanks to Shane for his efforts and commitment on this project. We took this job on only a month before Xmas with still quite a bit of body work needed. Given that we closed for 3x full weeks over the Holiday season, this vehicle has progressed quickly and it is great to have such a great group of genuinely talented guys to help undertake these types of projects.
This vehicle was towed in last October having collided with a Mack truck. These vehicles are manufactured in fibreglass and this one was suffering from osmosis which compounded the stress and secondary damage from the impact. A full set of replacement front panels was ordered up and replaced from the windscreen forward. Some structural damage around the bonnet latch/bulkhead area had resulted from the accident so a light weight carbon fibre cloth was used to repair and reinforce it securely.
We managed to get good s/hand parts quickly for it and the whole job was completed and the owner picked the vehicle up in time for the Xmas holiday’s
Recently we met a great couple as clients for some insurance work and as seems to happen with us, they have become good friends and supporters of our company.
Goeff and Sam came to us in November with their Ford Gran Torino, which had spent a couple of years since they first bought it, getting rust repairs and body work done at another company locally.
They were pretty specific about their requirements, finish the body work and final detailing and paint it red and white to the TV show, “Starsky and Hutch”, car colour scheme and they came armed with pictures and measurements, colour swatches and paint codes.
Again we have been fortunate enough right about the same week to engage another quality spray painter with an impressive resume of restoration work locally. The Big Gran Torino was taken on at the start of December as was Shane and he was comitted to the job full time. I have done final body repairs around the car and it was sprayed with 3 coats of Polyester Spray Filler, hand blocked, 2 pak primed, re-rubbed and finally sprayed with 2x coats of 2k white tinter. This 2k “intercoat” allows us to see any imperfections we may have missed more clearly and ensures a beautiful “clean” and even topcoat.
The paint was baked at 70c and the car is sitting now until new Year and will get final paint and completed by end of January.
Looking forward to seeing the end result of this project so quickly.